Hello, my name is Sophia and I am a teacher of English in Ancient Olympia, Greece. Welcome to my blog!

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Blueprint of a day

Dawn breaking over the top of Taygetus, a backdrop of grey lines and dashing colours slipping into being. The day, shy and translucent. It feels like I drag the sun up the sky, an invisible line behind my car, sunsurfing turn after turn. Later, on the beach, low flying planes over the sparkling sea. Change of trajectory. Pine forest, sea, scorching sun, little moving dots in the haze, people. Evening falls, and eager faces of young children, eyes stuck on the large screen, dishevelled, dirty cheeks and ruffled hair, edge the evening along.
And the moment goes on, without the sound of a shutter closing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home