Hello, my name is Sophia and I am a teacher of English in Ancient Olympia, Greece. Welcome to my blog!

Monday, April 25, 2011

The world's not a bottomless pit


 The mines of Wanda, extremely spectacular..

 At a distance of a couple of kilometres from the main road, a very nice walk (if you choose to not take a taxi there) which will allow you to pass through the houses of the people living around the mines, and offer you a chance to be accosted by innumerable little kids selling stones and little stone trees!!!! The real kind of kids, the ones that walk barefoot and play in the dirt!!! Though, this  also makes you wonder, about children's rights, and living conditions as well...


The mines are still operational...


Geodes are simply, everywhere....


... and soooo beautiful....


Inside the tunnels...


As well as outside....


You can have a guided tour, the guides are very helpful!!


Aha!!!!! Hm.... I'm sooo not going to comment on that!!! ;-P


Geodes....


The workshop, where big rocks are cut...


 !!!!!


I want them ALL...


My precious.... ;-P


Ok, I can have that one too!!

;-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home