Hello, my name is Sophia and I am a teacher of English in Ancient Olympia, Greece. Welcome to my blog!

Friday, August 26, 2005

"In this life, we grow backwards"

"I hadn't gotten old enough yet to realize that living sends a person not into the future but back into the past, to childhood and before birth, finally, to commune with the dead. You get older. You puff on the stairs. You enter the body of your father. From there it's only a quick jump to your grandparents, and then before you know it, you're time traveling. In this life, we grow backwards."
One of the parts of Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides that I liked the most. The book is fantastic, (part of my birthday haul, thanks Cat!!) and I can't wait to read it again, the writing is excellent! It's also out in Greek, but still, I prefer the original.
And talking about excellent books and this year's birthday haul, so was Η μέθοδος της Ορλεάνης by Ευγενία Φακίνου, which lasted for two sleepless nights, after long dinners with friends. Thanks to Dina, that was time well spent! ;-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home